Tiger Tracks

The Denver Broncos Much Needed Makeover

Sep 3, 2015; Denver, CO, USA; Denver Broncos outside linebacker Von Miller (58) before the preseason game against the Arizona Cardinals at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Mandatory Credit: Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports

Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports

Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports

Ridge Stimson, Editor

Denver Broncos fans are concerned with the current performance of the team because of the poor offense play and coaching calls.

The Denver Broncos are currently between a rock and a hard place.  Head coach Vance Joseph’s ability to lead a team to victories seems to have faded until recently with two victories in a row.  Why on Earth would the team have a sudden turn around?

Stop winning.  This is the only advice needed for the Denver Broncos right now.  Nicki Jhabvala of the Denver Post wrote:

“The Broncos recent but late success has left fans conflicted. While winning has restored some faith in the team and the talent on the field, many have already shifted focus to 2018, when the Broncos could have a high pick in the first round of the draft. But the more they lose, the higher the pick.”

There is no point in winning, besides making fans who do not understand football happy, and going out with the mindset that they at least “tried” as hard as they could.

Understandably, Vance Joseph’s job is on the line, and his performance at the end of the season will determine whether he will remain as the head coach.  However, what the Denver Broncos need right now is a solid draft pick in the upcoming Draft of 2018 on April 26th.  

To be more specific, the Broncos need to focus on building an offense in this year’s draft.  Christopher Hart of SBNATION explained, “If we are being honest with the offensive state of the Broncos offense, it’s self-evident to acknowledge that they are in desperate need of a complete makeover on the offensive side of the ball.”  A quarterback should be the first pick for the Broncos, followed by some offensive linemen and a couple receivers to replace the aging Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders.  

Trading away some of our quarterbacks to other teams in return for draft picks would be a good idea as well.  Other teams like the Cleveland Browns, New York Giants and Cincinnati Bengals are all in search for a new “franchise” quarterback.  With the right moves, the Broncos could go straight back to the Super Bowl next year.

The defense is in good shape right now.  For those who believe defense is priority number one, you are wrong.  Though the Broncos have proven that defense wins games, the defense has plenty of depth.  The defense has rising stars in Bradley Roby, who currently has six interceptions in four years, Justin Simmons, who has replaced pro bowler T.J. Ward, and Shane Ray who has impressed with 13 sacks over three seasons.  The funny thing is that two of these three players do not start.

The Broncos need to understand that they are in rebuilding mode, and it all starts with leadership.  Peyton Manning who threw the most interceptions in the second half of the 2015 NFL season, did not start at the end of the regular season and still led the Broncos to a Super Bowl 50 win.  

The draft is the Broncos’ biggest concern right now.  The one positive sports fact is that the Denver Broncos have always gone back to the playoffs after a losing season.  Maybe the 2018 season will be one for the record books.  

• The Denver Broncos Much Needed Makeover

Opinion

Tesla Roadster Review

Entertainment

Star Wars Review

Opinion

Lack of Coverage on Somalia Bombings

• Opinion

Jordan 32 Review

Opinion

Politics In Football

Opinion

Summit High School Lunches

Opinion

Chocolate vs. Glazed

Opinion

Top 5 unquestionable questions

• Features

Women’s March on Denver

Opinion

We chai-ed it all

The news site of Summit High School
The Denver Broncos Much Needed Makeover