Tiger Tracks

The Falcons Fly South Late in the Super Bowl

Credit: Vegas Experts Staff

Credit: Vegas Experts Staff

Credit: Vegas Experts Staff

Ridge Stimson, Staff Reporter

The Atlanta Falcons came into the Super Bowl on fire.  Matt Ryan drove 76 yards on their second drive, with a Devonta Freeman rushing touchdown.  After that, Matt Ryan threw for one touchdown to Austin Hooper, and a defensive pick six by Robert Alford.  The Score would become 21-0 at the half.  In the end, Tom Brady drove the field three times for three field goals.  After that Tom Brady, would drive 2 more times to score two touchdowns, and an unbelievable two successful two point conversions to tie the game at 28-28.

The Falcon’s defense almost seemed to have disappeared completely in the second half.  The Patriots would win the coin toss in the very first overtime in Super Bowl history.  Brady would drive down, and James White would end the game on a nine yard rushing touchdown.  The Patriots beat all odds with the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history as well, coming back from 18 points down.  The MVP curse in the Super Bowl continues, as Matt Ryan would not get to hold the Lombardi trophy.  Tom Brady says he will continue playing as the Patriots quarterback as he turns 40 years old before the 2017 NFL season begins.  Atlanta will hope to attempt another try at the Super Bowl next year.  In the mean time, the New England Patriots get to enjoy the off-season excited and victorious.Summit High School is filled with many different football loving fans.

Before the Super Bowl, a survey was taken on seventeen students that were randomly picked.  They all had to choose whether the Patriots or Falcons were going to win the Super Bowl with, the exception that some just didn’t care.  Here’s the results:

Ridge Stimson
Statistics at Summit High School

As seen here, the majority of Summit High School students wanted the Atlanta Falcons to win the Super Bowl.  Skylar Lebow, a high school student at Summit said, ” It’s going to be a tough game.  I believe that the Patriots will win the Super Bowl not only because I am a fan myself, but because they have a more aggressive and confident defense than the Falcons.  And as we saw in last year’s Super Bowl, defense wins championships.”  Another student, Cole Buller, thought differently.  ” The Falcons not only have a decent defense, but the Falcons have the number one offense in the NFL this year.  Julio Jones is gonna light up the Patriots defense!”

Unfortunately, now that the Super Bowl is over in one of the greatest Super Bowl games of all time, there were a lot of happy and frustrated faces in the halls of Summit High School.  Eddie Jain in high hopes explained, ” Tom Brady is the greatest quarterback of all time.  This is the greatest Super Bowl to have ever been played.  Go Patriots!”  On the other hand, Graham Gaspard exclaimed, ” That was unbelievable.  I hate the fact that the Patriots won because of the fact that I am a Broncos fan, but still really wished the Falcons hadn’t blown a 21-3 lead.”

• The Falcons Fly South Late in the Super Bowl

Sports

Washington Capital and Vegas Knights racing for the Stanley Cup

Sports

Uncle Drew Movie Preview

Sports

NBA FInals

Sports

Rockies Strong Start

Sports

League Track Meet Follow Up

Sports

Bronco’s 2018 Draft Results

Sports

MLB Opening Day

Sports

MLS Opening Weekend

Sports

Villanova Wins Again

Sports

2018 Denver Auto Show

The news site of Summit High School