Tiger Tracks

NFL divisional round review

Credit%3A+Sports+Illustrated+
Credit: Sports Illustrated

Credit: Sports Illustrated

Credit: Sports Illustrated

Ian Connors, Sports Reporter

This weekend on Saturday, January 13th, and Sunday, January 14th, four divisional round playoff games were played in the NFL. On Saturday, The Philadelphia Eagles hosted the Atlanta Falcons, and the Tennessee Titans took on the New England Patriots in Foxborough. Also on Sunday, The Jaguars took on the Steelers and the Saints traveled to Minnesota to take on the Vikings.

In the game in Philadelphia, The Eagles were able to beat the sixth seed Falcons and advance to the conference championship. They won by a score of 15-10 despite playing with their backup quarterback, Nick Foles. The Falcons had a chance to win the game with 1:05 left and 4th and goal from the 5 yard line. The Eagles were able to make a crucial stop that sealed the win.

The Patriots, who were heavily favored over the Titans, were able to take care of business at home and advance to the conference championship game, for the seventh straight year. They won the game easily, 35-14. Tom Brady threw for 337 yards and three touchdowns in route to the win.

In the first game on Sunday, The Steelers were seven point favorites against the Jaguars at home. The Jaguars had beat the Steelers earlier in the year 30-9 and intercepted Ben Roethlisberger three times. Despite the win earlier in the year the Jaguars were still heavy underdogs. The Jaguars ran away with the game in the first half and led 28-14 at the half. The Steelers however did make a comeback but it wasn’t enough as the Jaguars upset the Steelers and won 45-42. They will advance to the conference championship game to face the Patriots.

In the last game of the weekend the Saints took on the Vikings in a crazy game in Minnesota. Minnesota was winning 17-0 and the half and saints had nothing going their way. The saints had a crazy comeback in the second half. The saints scored 24 points in the second half and took the lead several times in the second half. The Vikings were down by one and outside of field goal range  with 10 seconds left in the game. Quarterback Case Keenum fired a pass towards the sideline to receiver Stefon Diggs. Diggs caught the ball inbounds and was able to avoid a tackle and go all the way to the end zone and win the game. It was a 61-yard touchdown to win the game as time expired. After the play, Diggs said, “I still don’t know what just happened. I really don’t.” The Vikings will move on to the NFC championship game and look to be the first team to ever play the Super Bowl in their own stadium.

Credit: Sporting news

The divisional round was full of crazy surprises. We now look to the Conference championship games where two teams will look to punch their ticket to the Super Bowl and play for a championship. It will be the Patriots and the Jaguars in Foxborough and the Vikings and Eagles in Philadelphia.

• NFL divisional round review

Sports

Washington Capital and Vegas Knights racing for the Stanley Cup

• NFL divisional round review

Sports

Uncle Drew Movie Preview

• NFL divisional round review

Sports

NBA FInals

• NFL divisional round review

Sports

Rockies Strong Start

• NFL divisional round review

Sports

League Track Meet Follow Up

• NFL divisional round review

Sports

Bronco’s 2018 Draft Results

• NFL divisional round review

Sports

MLB Opening Day

• NFL divisional round review

Sports

MLS Opening Weekend

• NFL divisional round review

Sports

Villanova Wins Again

• NFL divisional round review

Sports

2018 Denver Auto Show

The news site of Summit High School
NFL divisional round review