Tiger Tracks

Summit High Homecoming Week

Katy Fischer, Staff Reporter

Homecoming week is right around the corner here at Summit High School. While eager students cannot wait for the special week; the leadership group is hard at work with spirit week, Airband, and the dance.

Haleigh Lecklitner is a part of the Summit High School Leadership committee, the group in charge of planning the school events. Lecklitner explained, “We are very close to having everything finalized for the dance. Preparing for homecoming is a lot of work but it helps to have a lot of supportive people and a large group helping you do it.” She continued to explain how the leadership group breaks off into five different groups to complete different jobs. These teams include Airband, the pep rally/homecoming court, spirit week, and advertising/tickets. 

Students not apart of the leadership team are also preparing for the big week. Based off of a poll of 47 students, 44 are planning to attend the dance. 44 students are attending Airband, and 44 will be dress up for spirit week theme days. However, most students are still unsure of who they are voting for on homecoming court, as 24 students answered “I don’t know.”

However, with all the excitement, comes chaos. Dean of students, Ms. Acres, stated that to prepare for the big week, administration is hard at work “Planning, coordinating, making sure there are sponsors, and chaperones, and supervision for all the events.” She also stressed the importance of staff getting enough sleep as there is so much going on.

The news site of Summit High School
Summit High Homecoming Week